I was very pleased with yesterday’s piece, created at Tate Modern and partly because I was tired I decided to develop that theme today and I am really pleased I did. It took a bit longer than I had hoped, well quite a lot longer really, but it was really worth it and I will be doing more in this vein or progressions of the idea both in and outside of the project.
As mentioned yesterday, I had a plan for today’s piece which worked out just great. Executed after seeing the Malevich and Matisse shows at Tate Modern I posted it in a double box just round the back.
Complete change of tack today for the piece but using this post box (first used yesterday) for the second time. Sometimes I take a gamble and it just works. Today’s did. Either that or it’s total rubbish – but I still would have it on my wall. The “rubbish” thing comes from my preparation for tomorrow. We are going to London to catch the Matisse Cut Outs before it finishes and so I have prepared an envelope – Oh bugger I forgot the stamp on today’s!!!
As I was saying, I have prepared an envelope, now with a stamp on it, and when I gathered together some materials I had an idea to try something tomorrow about which I am quite excited. Of course anticipation is always more delicious than hindsight so I lost confidence in today’s piece in the brilliant light of tomorrow’s as yet unstarted work. Of course, the idea might turn out to be a crock of shit when I actually bring it into being! It could end up in a waste bin at Tate Modern and I will have to start anew.